Quirino Livelihood For Everyone
WHAT IS Q-LIFE?
- Q-LiFE is the livelihood component of the “I LOVE QUIRINO” Flagship Program of the Hon. Gov. Dakila E. Cua.
- It was formally launched on March 18, 2008.
The Q-LiFE aims to:
- Provide additional Income to the beneficiaries thru Income Generating Projects.
- Establish an Integrated System of Production.
- Assure that the Interest – free investment of the Government shall be collected (Profitability & Sustainability).
- Conduct social preparation among recipients to further assure the success of the Program.
- The unemployed and underemployed Quirinians/residents of the Province.
- Those who can put up counterpart facilities.
- Those accessible to Market Outlets.
- Those who can be depended upon to deliver the goods.
The Q-LiFE is engaged in the following:
- Production of Livestock, Poultry and Aqua-culture and Fruits & Vegetables.
- Processing of the above commodities including the manufacture of feeds.
- Marketing and distribution of finished products to end users.
- Technical, marketing and management assistance.
COMPONENTS OF THE Q-LiFE PROGRAM
Production of livestock , poultry, aqua-culture and fruits and vegetables;
The P-LGU thru the Q-LiFE provides (on credit) the following IGP’s to the beneficiaries:
- Broiler Project – 100 chicks, all feeds and biologics (45 days).
- Pig Fattening – 2 piglets, all feeds & biologics (120 days).
- Goat Breeding – 3 does, rope, biologics, 1 buck per cluster of 5/8 persons.
- Tilapia Growing – 1,500 fingerlings, all feeds (4 months).
- Chicken Layer – 50 layers/pullets, all feeds, cages (two year cycle).
- Swine Breeding – 1 pig breeder, all feeds and biologics.
- Fruits and Vegetables – assorted fruits and vegetables-pinakbet and exotic fruit trees.
- Ambulant Vendors
- Sari-Sari Store
- Provides Technology Seminars for raisers.
- Extend Hands-on monitoring and guidance to beneficiaries.
- In-charged on the processing and packaging of the products.
- Markets and distributes the products to the end-users.
- After marketing the products, all the Production Inputs (broilers, feeds, biologics) shall be deducted from the Gross Sale and the Net Profit is given to the recipient in full.
Operated by the Provincial Government.
||TOTAL PROJECT COST
|1.FISH HATCHERY||Php 921,438.09|
|2.FEED MILL OPERATION||Php 2,801,427.44|
|3. Processing and Packaging Center (PROPAK)||Php 500,000.00|
|PROJECT||TOTAL PROJECT COST|
|1.Meat Shop Outlets||Php 921,438.09|
|2.Cold Storage cum Blast Freezer||Php 2,195,500.00|
|3.Isuzu Elf Pick-up/Truck||Php 579,500.00|
Q-LiFE Feed Mill
The Q-LiFE has also a Feed Mill component wherein, it manufactures its own feeds for the beneficiaries and other interested customers.
The laboratory analysis of the Q-LiFE Feeds showed that the feeds passed the DA-BAI standards and birds fed with Q-LiFE Feeds have better performance.
Poultry Dressing Plant
The Poultry Dressing Plant is now being established to facilitate the easy processing, packaging and marketing of the poultry products as well as a Meat processing Center for Pork and Meat Products including a cold storage facility.
Cold Storage (Walk-In Freezer) cum Blast Freezer
This facility will enhance the capacity of the above Processing and Packaging Center, as this will extend the shelf – life of the products processed.
What is DAQuiLA?
The beneficiaries and benefactors of the Q-LiFE Program have organized themselves and formed the Development Advocates of Quirino and Livelihood Associates.
Thru the assistance of DOLE, they have established the Processing and Packaging Cum Meat Processing Component of the Q-LiFE.